Begin with dsPIC and LCD screen

Create new topics, add your comment, remark, bugs...
mmr90

Post by mmr90 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Lubin, I am very impressed in your Matlab...But I am very new in the dsPIC side.I am doing one project using dsPIC30F6012.The harware is completed by my friend but the software(Firmware) should be done by me.As I told you I am new in dsPIC but I have little experience using Intel 8051 MCU and assebly language from my 3rd year course work.I am very familiar with C language and the firmware has to be done by C and.My first task is to display some text in LCD and then in Arabic using Unicode.Can you tell me how can i start writing code, how can configure the pins and other things.What procedure should i follow.Thanks
masum

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Post by LubinKerhuel » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Hi Masum,

It will be difficult to help you: It depends too much on the hardware you use.
The help and examples present on website should help to start.
If you have questions or technical problem with the dsPIC toolbox, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards
Lubin

tnguyen

Re: Begin with dsPIC and LCD screen

Post by tnguyen » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:11 am

Hi.

I am attempting to write to the LCD screen using your blockset for the Explorer 16 development board with a dsPIC33FJ256GP710. I am very unsure how to start this. I looked at the C function call example and used the first initialization procedure, but I am not sure if that is the best way to go. I also use the output write block, but am unsure how to use the C function call to expand to at least 8 bits long. Is this the route I should be taking? Some guidance on how to begin would be much appreciated for this is my first time working with these tools.

Thanks,
T

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Post by LubinKerhuel » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi,

The C function block is not available in the blockset demo version. This may however change soon...

Lubin

Saeed

Post by Saeed » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi,
Could you please tell me how to use simulink to command the LCD of explorer 16 to display a desired text?