Infinite sampling-time blocks can't chain together

bmairs

Infinite sampling-time blocks can't chain together

Post by bmairs » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:42 pm

When using infinite sampling times on initialization blocks (remembering to enable inline parameters), these blocks cannot be chained together with the block ordering input/outputs. If you do this, it only calls the final block reducing earlier blocks to zeroes.

A workaround for this is to manually order the blocks using their Priority property under "Block Properties".

Is it possible to fix this issue so that the block ordering inputs/outputs could work in this situation?

bmairs

Re: Infinite sampling-time blocks can't chain together

Post by bmairs » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:56 am

Lubin, have you gotten a chance to check this problem out? It's made setting up various initialization calls a lot more tedious than it should be.

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Post by LubinKerhuel » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Bryant,

I didn't took into account your first post.
Anyway, I'll look at this now.
Would you have a model example to share as it's always faster to start from an example illustrating the problem.

I'll do my own if it's complicated for you

Lubin

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Post by LubinKerhuel » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Does your init functions requires input parameters and output results, or is it only a initialisation function without any input/output parameters ?
If so, there might be a possibility for me to adapt the C function Call block...

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Post by LubinKerhuel » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:12 am

Blockset update : C function Call dialog box new parameters.
You can now define
- One function for block update (The function that was used by default in the older C function call block)
- One function for block Init (Call each time block is reseted, at initialisation time and each time the subsystem containing the block is reseted)
- One function for block Start (call only once for initialisation and reset purpose)

The initialisation should be placed within the Start function that is always call once, even with the "inline parameters option" activated.
However, theses two added function cannot readdirectly values from block's inport or output value to block's outport.

Lubin