Sintax Error in Microchip Header File? - .c and .s ext files

malife
Expert

Sintax Error in Microchip Header File? - .c and .s ext files

Post by malife » Wed May 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Hello Lubin,
I am trying to implement the software emulation EEPROM as described in Microchip's App Note AN1095 http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcpl ... e=en530593. This is what I am doing:

I downloaded the code and renamed the C, S and H files to DEE.c, DEE.s and DEE.h respectively. Then I added those to the Simulink model via Simulation -> Configuration Parameters -> Custom Code. I place the S and C files in Source Files and the H file in Header File. I am still not doing anything with the model except flashing an LED and trying to compile. When I compile I get this error:

Code: Select all

---------------------------------------------------
Embedded Coder for dsPIC V0.96b2(17-Mar-2008) for Matlab R2007a.
Licence Accorded to Mariano I. Lizarraga - University of California Santa Cruz

informations available at  www.kerhuel.eu 

### Processing Template Makefile: C:\Mariano\MATLAB\dsPICBlock\dspic\dspic_pic30_gcc.tmf
### Wrapping unrecognized make command (angle brackets added)
###    <C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007a\rtw\bin\win32\gmake>
### in default batch file
### SPIMasterTest.mk which is generated from C:\Mariano\MATLAB\dsPICBlock\dspic\dspic_pic30_gcc.tmf is up to date
### Building SPIMasterTest: .\SPIMasterTest.bat

C:\Mariano\AP\Simulink\SPIMasterTest_dspic\sources>set MATLAB=C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a  

C:\Mariano\AP\Simulink\SPIMasterTest_dspic\sources>C:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007a\rtw\bin\win32\gmake -f SPIMasterTest.mk  GENERATE_REPORT=1 ADD_MDL_NAME_TO_GLOBALS=1 MULTI_INSTANCE_CODE=0 PORTABLE_WORDSIZES=0 GENERATE_ASAP2=0 TMW_EXTMODE_TESTING=0  
pic30-gcc  -c -mcpu=33FJ256MC710 -O3 -fschedule-insns -fschedule-insns2	 -O   -I. -I..\.. -IC:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007a/simulink/include -IC:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007a/extern/include -IC:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007a/rtw/c/src -IC:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007a/rtw/c/ert -IC:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007a/rtw/c/src/ext_mode/common -IC:\Mariano\AP\Simulink\SPIMasterTest_dspic\sources -IC:\Mariano\AP\Simulink -IC:\Mariano\AP\Simulink\C_Code -IC:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007a\rtw\c\libsrc   -I C:\PROGRA~1\MICROC~1\MPLABC~1\include    SPIMasterTest_main.c 
Microchip MPLAB C30 License Manager Version v3_02 (Build Date Nov  9 2007). 
Copyright (c) 2005 Microchip Technology Inc. All rights reserved. 
The MPLAB C30 license has expired. 
pic30-coff-cc1.exe: warning: Options have been disabled due to expired license 
In file included from c:/program files/microchip/mplab c30/bin/../support/h/p33fxxxx.h:122, 
                 from SPIMasterTest_private.h:32, 
                 from SPIMasterTest_main.c:28: 
c:/program files/microchip/mplab c30/bin/../support/h/p33FJ256MC710.h:7618: error: syntax error before numeric constant 
c:/program files/microchip/mplab c30/bin/../support/h/p33FJ256MC710.h:7620: error: syntax error before ':' token 
c:/program files/microchip/mplab c30/bin/../support/h/p33FJ256MC710.h:7621: error: syntax error before ':' token 
c:/program files/microchip/mplab c30/bin/../support/h/p33FJ256MC710.h:7622: error: syntax error before ':' token 
c:/program files/microchip/mplab c30/bin/../support/h/p33FJ256MC710.h:7630: error: syntax error before '}' token 
c:/program files/microchip/mplab c30/bin/../support/h/p33FJ256MC710.h:7632: error: syntax error before 'NVMCONbits' 
c:/program files/microchip/mplab c30/bin/../support/h/p33FJ256MC710.h:7632: error: sfr attribute requires extern storage class 
gmake: *** [SPIMasterTest_main.o] Error 0xff 
### Real-Time Workshop build procedure for model: 'SPIMasterTest' aborted due to an error.
Now, for a minute I contemplated the fact that the Header File could have a syntax error, I checked it and it does not. Also, I then compiled the downloaded MPLab project that comes with the App Note without any complaints.

I have attached the Mdl and the C, S and H files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mariano
Attachments
DEEMdl.zip
(16.92 KiB) Downloaded 520 times

malife
Expert

Re: Sintax Error in Microchip Header File?

Post by malife » Wed May 07, 2008 9:15 pm

It turns out I found the problem. Actually there were 2 problems. I hope Lubin has a clear explanation for the first one:

1.- H File: The H file SHOULD NOT go in the Simulation->Config Parameters dialog. You just need to include it in your C file. No clue why.

2.- DEE.C and DEE.S both created a DEE.o object which when linked, broke everything :-S. Yes I know, simple one, sorry :-).

I am posting this to help anybody else in the same boat.

Mariano

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Post by LubinKerhuel » Wed May 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Hi Mariano,

I converged to the same solution. You were quicker!

Anyway, the model compile without any 'C function Call' block, but when I am trying to access to one function, It is not ok !
It has maybe to do with the .h file that we do not declare...

SPIMasterTest.o(.text+0xe2):C:\prog\Matlab2\RTWdsPIC\Developpements\Forum\Mariano_EEPROM\SPIMasterTest_dspic\sources\SPIMasterTest.c: undefined reference to `GetPagePackSkipped' 
I noticed that when we include the .h file, error appears on a specific part of the .h file where we have syntax that I am not used to ... ( : start a 2 lines ?)

__extension__ typedef struct tagNVMCONBITS {
  union {
    struct {
      unsigned NVMOP:4;
      unsigned :2;
      unsigned ERASE:1;
      unsigned :6;
      unsigned WRERR:1;
      unsigned WREN:1;
      unsigned WR:1;
    };
    struct {
      unsigned NVMOP0:1;
      unsigned NVMOP1:1;
      unsigned NVMOP2:1;
      unsigned NVMOP3:1;
    };
  };
} NVMCONBITS;
Attachments
Mariano_EEPROM.zip
remove the C function call to be able to compile !
(18.02 KiB) Downloaded 522 times

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Post by LubinKerhuel » Wed May 07, 2008 9:43 pm

I guess I did not choose the right function name to call.

This model compile.
Mariano_EEPROM2.zip
model with external call to C function using assembly language file (.s file)
(18.05 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
Lubin