Configuration bits warning

karthikeyan

Configuration bits warning

Post by karthikeyan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:05 am

Hi,

I am new to using the dspic and the blockset .. I just tried a very simple LED blinking program in simulink .. I am using PICKit 2 to burn the dspic and the dspic i am using is the dspic30f4011 .. i compiled the block and when i try to burn the hex, the pickit programming window says that the configuration bits are not proper and its defaulting to preset default values .. my code doesn't work .. all the bits of port B are permanently high ..

i tried just blinking pin 2 of port B in a 0.5Hz frequency .. what could be the problem ? kindly help me .. i am not using a external oscillator .. what configuration should i change to use the internal oscillator ? could that be the problem ?? .. and where am i setting whether the port B is a input or a output port ?

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Re: Configuration bits warning

Post by LubinKerhuel » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:40 am

Hello,
karthikeyan wrote:where am i setting whether the port B is a input or a output port ?
That is set automatically, depending if you use Port read or port write blocks...
karthikeyan wrote:window says that the configuration bits are not proper and its defaulting to preset default values
Problems comes from that. Try generating the html c code report in matlab. and have a look at the end of the main file. There should be configuration code. Check that oscillators are defined correctly in the C language. If you find any problem, please report-it so that I can make appropriate corrections.
Anyway, I hardly not use internal oscillator, could not help so much...

Lubin

karthikeyan

Re: Configuration bits warning

Post by karthikeyan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:41 pm

even though it shows configuration bits warning .. the program works once i connect a external oscillator .. the oscillator was the problem i guess :)