100% beginners

Beginner

100% beginners

Post by Beginner » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:18 pm

Where do I find examples for total beginners?

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Re: 100% beginners

Post by LubinKerhuel » Mon May 05, 2008 11:37 pm

- On the website : http://www.kerhuel.eu/RTWdsPIC
- The blockset contains few examples.

Lubin

listedunlisted

Post by listedunlisted » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:46 am

This is my first quote. So please go easy on me. I really need your help fellows.

I just found out about the thing where Simulink can be used to download the code on the PIC microcontroller without using C or any programming language.

Now, I have Matlab R2007B. First of all my main question is can someone please explain in simple steps how to download a Simulink blockset on the Micro Controller and what wires and software is required to do so. I saw the videos on your website. I have downloaded the Install_dsPIC_R2007b for my Matlab. But this is a script file. How do I move forward about downloading the file for Simulink. I really need help with this. I have a project coming up in a few weeks and I need to start working on it.

Can anyone please explain simple steps in using Simulink with PIC microcontroller and what do I need?

Bobes

Post by Bobes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:40 pm

1/ install the block-set (put it in some DIR like C:/Program Files/Matlab/Addons/Kerhuel toolbox - do not install it under Matlab/toolbox!) - In simulink you should see the block-set as Embedded Target for microchip (or something like that)
2/ create project - or better start with some example, you have to configure simulink for your target (PIC), there are blocks for this.
3/ when it is ready, click on "Incremental build" its next to run button. - this if everything is OK will create hex file
4/ you need some tool to upload HEX file, there are many tools to do that, ie ICD 2, ICD 3 from Microchip, but there are many cheaper ways. use google for that.

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Post by LubinKerhuel » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Hello
listedunlisted wrote:I have downloaded the Install_dsPIC_R2007b for my Matlab. But this is a script file. How do I move forward
* open matlab
* run the script file : eigher you type its name, or you right click on the script file and click "run"
This will install the blockset... at that place !

I guess bobes provide the way to go forward.

Lubin