Evaluation and matlab version compatibility

Create new topics, add your comment, remark, bugs...
kin_cyber

Evaluation and matlab version compatibility

Post by kin_cyber » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Hello Lubin,

Good thing I encountered your site! I am looking forward using your product for my upcoming project. This is definitely shorten the development period.

Just as a general question, I see that you have various evaluation versions for each matlab version (2006-2010b). Currently, I am using matlab 2011a and I was wondering if I can install your 2010b evaluation version. Or do I have to wait for your 2011a evaluation version to get things working?

Many Thanks!

Richard

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Re: Evaluation and matlab version compatibility

Post by LubinKerhuel » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:46 am

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your comment.
The 2010b version will works with matlab 2011a. Thus, you do not need to wait for the blockset version 2011a (that may come shortly anyway).

In any case, the model you will create will works with all blockset version (from matlab 2008 to matlab 2011). Thus, you might start with the blockset for matlab 2010b and just update to the blockset for matlab 2011a when availalbe.

May I ask what is the project's about ?

Lubin

kin_cyber

Re: Evaluation and matlab version compatibility

Post by kin_cyber » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:16 pm

My company is trying to implement FOC on our BLDC motors. We have been working with 8bit Infineon MCU, but it got really frustrating with all the ASM coding and maintenance (not really readable for all people these days...) I just purchased a dsPICDEM MCLV development board and dsPIC 33fJ256MC710 chip to get things started as my side project. I am a co-op student and I have been programming for a while, but I am new to MPlab products. On the board says there is a USB port, does that mean that I can hook up my computer directly to the board using my USB cable and program the chip? I should have done a bit more research, but it seems like people are using PIC Kit2 to program their chip. Is that what I need to upload the hex file on to the chip? I am looking forward using Simulink and your work to get the ASM codes out of our way :) Hope you can guide me on my stupid issue.

Best Regards,

Richard