Matlab 64 bits - Starter Kit for dsPIC

Create new topics, add your comment, remark, bugs...
Ckouna

Matlab 64 bits - Starter Kit for dsPIC

Post by Ckouna » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Hello,

I'm a student in Troyes and I'd like to know if your toolbox works with the new Starter kit from Microchip.

The Debugger is a PIC : 18F67J50 and the DSPic is a 33FJ256GP506. It's designed only for audio applications with a mic/line in jack, and a speaker out jack.

I don't know many things about dsPIC but I have a project at the university with a teacher, to create a simple filtering application with this Starter Kit or the Explorer 16 board.

I think you speak french, but I'll try keeping typing english as it might increase my knowledges of technical english.

EDIT : Does the toolbox work with R2008a 64bits ? I can't even compile the example for the Explorer 16.

Ckouna

Re: Starter Kit for dsPIC

Post by Ckouna » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Heres the error I get when I try to compile the dsPIC_33f_Explorer16 example program :

I clik on the incremental build after the yellow block.

Error using ==> tlc c at 133
Error evaluating IntiFCn callback of Master block ... Error using dsPIC_PortSetting at 416
Error in S-function dsPic ... S-Function 'dsPIC_MASTER' does not exist

If anyone knows what's wrong with how I'm doing things ... Help would be great .

LubinKerhuel
Site Admin - Expert

Post by LubinKerhuel » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Hi Ckouna,
Ckouna wrote:EDIT : Does the toolbox work with R2008a 64bits ? I can't even compile the example for the Explorer 16.
The blockset has not been tested on 64 bits matlab. It seems that matlab 64 bits cannot execute 32 bits mex files.

Thus, install a 32 bits matalb on your 64bit Winows and it will work properly.

How many are interrested by a 64 bits version of the blockset ? Let me know !

Ckouna

Post by Ckouna » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:30 pm

Thanks for the quick answer, I'm not sure I have the choice to install it in 32 bit but I'll try that.